Monday, November 9, 2009

October - Month of hospital wards and surgery.

I have been warded 3 times and finally went for Laparoscopic-Cholecystectomy surgery on October 30th. Its a surgery of removing the gallbladder. Its one of the reasons why this blog has been pretty quiet. We've been busy doing researches and reading on gallbladder when finally, hubbs and me decided that I needed the surgery in the end. Masuk - keluar hospital for the past 3 weeks is quite tiring for the family.

The second time I was warded, doc informed that it had turned into gallbladder disease which includes inflammation, infection, stones, or blockage (obstruction) of the gallbladder.1. It means I am having frequent inflammation of the gallbladder which may cause from the gallstones.

Everytime I ate wrongly (too much fat, cholesterol, oil) the stones might block the passage and causes me to feel the pain that is soooo sakit tak terkata and I feel like ripping out something from the inside.

I had to go for bland diet, low cholesterol, low fat. No life. *sigh*.

1st Admission - 10/10/2009 (Midnite) - Discharged 12/10/2009. TMC. Room 522
2nd Admission - 20/10/2009 (Afternoon) - Discharged 22/10/2009. TMC. Room 520
3rd Admission - 24/10/2009 (Night) - Discharged 26/10/2009. DSH. Room 412

I admitted myself at Tro.picana Med.ical Cen.tre. at 1030am. on Friday .They took blood samples twice because the 1st blood sample had some abnormality in it. Thankfully, the results came out normal.


The culprits. So many many stones!


Wheeled into the O.T @ 1530hrs and by 1600hrs was in OT2. Anesthetic Doc put in the wrist needle thingy and she told me I would get dizzy a bit. They put the mask on and I was out in 30 seconds or less. Didn't remember a thing.

After that I heard someone called out my name and they wheeled me out of the OT. I remembered that I saw my hubby in his red t-shirt. Kinda relief that he was the first person by myside when I was out. I was back in the room. I heard my parents , brothers and SIL voices. I cant seem to open my eyes, but I can hear them clearly.

After goin tru all this I pray to God hoping this is it. Exception for goin for labour, I do not want to be admitted to hospital ever again. Being in the hospital, makes me feel misreable.

But I am thankful that I have wonderful family to ensure everything still runs smoothly. Im also thankful of having friends visiting me that night itself. Thanks guys for taking care of hubby for me :).

So, that's Reyza's Crazy Family life for October month. :)

Oh yea, I got discharged the next day and spend the whole week at home recuperating.

Its an experience that the whole family will never be forget.

1.http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001138.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment